Thursday, April 13, 2006

My New Job

I was at my new job for 1 day. If the rest of my days there are anything like this one day, I will be very happy. The drug reps brought us cookies, of which I tried not to eat them, but I lost and had 2. I could not eat only 1/2 a cookie, I know only one person who has that capability. (of course she might go back later and eat the other half and we just don't know it) He was a cheery kinda guy and said to me, "I hope to see more of you", well I said "You cannot see more of me.....this is all there is of me.....there is no more of me." He replied, surrounded by laughter...."you'll fit in here just fine". I discovered an interesting thing about drug reps. They all look like they just stepped out of a magazine. Impeccibly dressed, really nice diamonds on the girls fingers, perfect hair, and thin bodies, and they bring drugs and goodies and sometimes lunch.

Oh here is something fun about my job, and it shows what a small world this truly is. We have a really nice girl in our office named Jennifer. Well it just so happens that Jennifer is going to marry Ned, a serbian guy from St. Sava's. (the office manager told me only one Slava per office, but thats ok because Greg never picked one for us to celebrate). so we are looking through a magazine for scrubs (because thats what you do when all the patients leave, and you are going through the mail) and she said there is a scrub shop thats really cheap but its in Garfield Hts., I said oh my sister lives in Garfield and used to work for a scrub shop there, I wonder if thats the one, and my neice still works there. Naturally she inquired where in Garfield she lived and I said on Sunset and she casually said, Oh my friend Miki lives down there.....................................as in my niece Miki?
Its a small world afterall! and then I just happened to have a picture of Morgan on my cell phone. So....Miki and Jennifer are friends. Which reminds me I have to call and tell her.

Well I have to go get dressed for work now. The hospital job, not the office job. I don't start there full time until May 2. Until then i train on my days off.

HEY! I am starting to wake up. Coffee is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when the world is small.

Rockstar Mom said...

Mom is always getting goodies from drug reps. I think I missed my calling. I should have dabbled in drugs. Oh, but wait, I'm not skinny.

You know why they are all skinny? Because they have an unending supply of skinny drugs.