Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bye Arlene and Thanks for the Job

Well today was my last day of work at the hospital. I enjoyed the clowning around, people giving me a hard time, all in fun today. They all brought in food and we had a really nice (and healthy) lunch. I will certainly miss a lot of people, I almost cried a couple of times, but I will go out for drinks with them, so I can still see some of them, I think they go monthly. Then I raced home to change because Arlene, the woman I am replacing is retiring and the office was taking her out for dinner.

I know a couple of blogs back...I decided that God didn't like me! and that I hated interviews etc., but I am in awe of the fact that the more I get to know the people in the office the more I believe that in spite of all my whining and crying, God gave me a great job with wonderful people. The more I am there the more I realize my job was truly heaven sent. I am really excited about it and I laugh everyday. Half of the office is old St. John people, which is incredible. I talked with a gal tonight that I just found out worked there occasionally and she said something that made alot of sense. She said as corny as it sounds, we had something so special at that old hospital that it bound us together like a family. We have the same values, we had fun, and we were raised by a bunch of women in white caps and nylons, and bright white shoes. We had respect for them. and when we run into each other its like we never missed a beat, we are right back in that old hospital, so Arlene, thanks for the job and enjoy your retirement.

1 comment:

Rockstar Mom said...

Yay! Good for you! What a positive future!!!!