Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Dad is 85

Well my dad turned 85 today. He looks good for 85, but as he puts it, he is rotting from the inside out. Last year we took him to Tony Romas for dinner. So this year we asked him where he wanted to go, Longhorn?, oh no he said thats too expensive for everyone (not really or we wouldn't have offered) He said Ponderosa, I said well what about theGolden Coral, thinking thats much better than Ponderosa, and he said "oh no, thats way too much walking, and there are too many choices". So Ponderosa it was. 15 in all including Morgan. So what do you get an 85 year old who is waiting to meet his maker? Pie and money. My kids got him 4 pieces of pie from Baker Square and I gave him money, so did everyone else. Then we went back to his place and hung out for awhile. Happy Birthday Dad.

Oh yeah, I told him my dream. He really laughed. He like the part about a food court. I wonder if the have a Ponderosa!

1 comment:

Rockstar Mom said...

My Grandma Mary used to take me to Ponderosa. I was so SICK of that place in the 80's! It was the ONLY place she would go.

If Grandpa likes it so much, maybe me and Corey will take him to dinner there one night while we are in town.