Saturday, June 10, 2006

My sister is coming home

disclaimer: These are the feelings of the writer, they are not endorsed by anyone specific, you cannot get mad at the writer for feelings, because you cannot help what you feel you can only control how you act upon them. Any questions or comments are to be directed to the comment section of this blog. Thank you, enjoy the emotional mess that you are about to read.

My sister is moving home from Texas, she closed on the sale of her house and got divorced all in one day. She left when I was 13 and she was 24. Over the years we have gotten to know each other, but since my mother is no longer with us it really means alot that she is coming home. I can't explain it, but everytime I think of her coming home I cry. Maybe because I feel so alone sometimes, maybe because I have always wanted her to come home, and maybe because as I get older I just need her. I think its like when my mom was dying and she flew in, when she walked into the room I started crying and she hugged me and said "Its ok I'm here now".
I feel really bad for her daughters, this is hard on them. I saw this coming, but I see things from a different point of view. I wish they could all come too, because we missed out on so much of their lives living so far apart, but I understand they reasoning behind why one cannot leave, and she is right in her decision. One of the others I would like to drag up here kicking and screaming if I must, but purely for selfish reasons, I just want as much family here where I can see them. (and don't tell her but she would love it, I could even teach her to drive in the snow). She could dance kolos with Justine while Greg, Mike, Me, and her mom (and Pete and Nisi and Nathan, and Jake and Nikol, and especially Aunt Mickey) play music. Every Tuesday Mara!!!!!! ooops I said her name. well I don't think she reads this anyway, Justine said she would be glad to share her room with her until she gets on her feet.
Oh my gosh this could be so much fun!!!!!!! but don't tell her I said that!

No comments: