Monday, January 01, 2007

ITS A NEW YEAR...YIPEE

Its a new year, which means you get another chance at life. A new start. Your slate has been made clean. Its kinda like confession. You can make a break, or whatever it is you need to do. So here is a list in writing of things I want to do.

1) lose weight
2) take time to practice my instrument routinely.
3) visit my dad regularly.
4) get my daughter into college
5) get my son his drivers license
6) paint my kitchen cubboards
7) remodel my bathroom
8) get healthy

9) pray regularly
10) Get a passion for life

Ok, lets talk about number 10, shall we? My sister walked in my house and said, you know what are problems is? (which one I thought) we don't have a passion. I thought for a second and said "you are right". That was easy. Now that we have identified the problem, we can make a plan to solve it. You see, my mother had a passion for life, when she wanted to do something or learn something she was driven until she did it. This includes painting a picture, playing an instrument, losing weight or whatever. She loved life and learning and here we are like lumps, fat and depressed and trying to figure out what the heck the problem is. So you see number 9 and 10 are closely related. We have started praying that the Lord will give us that passion that we are lacking. So please if you begin to notice a change, let me know.

4 comments:

Julius Seizer said...

All the best with your resolutions... I have written some new year resolution tips which you might like to read here.

Happy new year..!

Julius

Rockstar Mom said...

Damn spammers! If you put a word verification on here, you may be able to avoid that happening again.

As for your post...everytime I read something you write, it makes me think of Grandma and miss her. That's not a bad thing. It just occurs nearly every time.

Anonymous said...

Passion for life ROCKS!

I don't know why I am saying things like this, but I feel the need to be your cheerleader! RAH RAH RAH! You'll go fah! (pretend I'm from Massachusetts).

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Well said.