Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm not old yet

Well my little girl turns 18 tomorrow. Funny, but it just makes me laugh. I don't feel old, and I'm not sad, its just a natural progression of life. I have loved every minute of raising her (not that I'm done really). She was a great baby, only cried when she needed something (or was wet), oh I take that back, when her two front teeth came in she kept me up for 2 weeks, thats ok honey I forgive you. Except for all the emotional girl stuff, the crying and whining (which I think she gets from me) even the teenage years were good. I've told both of my children that they will need therapy from something that I've done wrong, but I don't know what that will be. (otherwise I would change it) My son has already asked for therapy, I think he wants to get a jump on it.

So for my daughters 18th birthday and my pending 50th, she wants to get matching butterfly tattoos in rememberance of my mother. My mother loved butterflies, but I gotta tell ya I don't think she was a big fan of tattoos. But I think I might give it a go if I don't chicken out, I don't think she can yell at me from heaven. Can she?

1 comment:

Rockstar Mom said...

I think that is the most awesome idea! And you are totally freakin' cool for doing it too!!