Thursday, September 14, 2006

no title today I don't feel like having one.

I just read Nikols blog, I would love to give you the link, but I can't figure out how to do any of that yet. In the short, its about the routine of life, I can relate so well. Life becomes dull and routine with moments of fun, and sometimes there is nothing to look forward to. I wonder if thats depression. I want to be one of those people who love life and look forward to every day, I want to do fun things (if I could actually think of something fun). I want to be like that saying

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, tires smoking
totally amped up shouting "holy shit....what a ride!".

I suppose thats why I want to get a tattoo with my daughter! I wonder what else I could do, I really wanted to be a hippi but I was too young.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quote is perfect! That's what I want......skidding into death, preferably late! You're right, we all need something to look forward to, to get excited about.......Detroit, here we come! I think we all go through this when our kids are teenagers. We kind of forget who we are .... or were. You'll find "Shelly" again, she's still there waiting to be rediscovered.

Rockstar Mom said...

I don't think that's depression. I think that is just life. I pretty much live for the next event. The last event was the heart check up appointment, the next event is Mollie's dance clinic, the next event is a benefit auction. I try to stay involved in things and it always gives me something to look forward to doing.

And if there is a lull in between, I call my fwend Carol and we spend an afternoon together laughing and drinking wine until we get drunk enough not to care anymore.

Anonymous said...

I like that quote too, Farkash! I don't know if it's depression or not, but I had to take a "wellness assessment" for work, and it told me I was depressed and should seek help. PSHHH...I'm sure it's nothing a vacation wouldn't cure. =)

Michelle said...

Oh great, now I have to find me LOL, I'm probably lost in all the clutter at my house! LOL