Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Truly!!! A Transportation Experience

Today, I ventured out in my vehicle to the Municipal Parking lot that they so graciously assigned me. I proceeded to the shuttle which drove me........where? to another stop so that I could catch another shuttle to take me to the hospital THEY CLOSED EUCLID BLVD. ok, that wasn't so bad really because it was the first day and nobody knew where they were going really. There was a man that would give you options when you got off the first shuttle. But now............its time to go home. LOL thank God I am new because I don't really know any different, I really feel for these people that have been there awhile. I get on the shuttle which happens to be right at the door when I get there (good timing I think to myself) I tell the man, this is my first day is this the shuttle that takes me to the stop where I can get the shuttle to the muni lot. He says yes, but he is a very nice black man that I could barely understand. So I ride this shuttle, all over the place, about 20 minutes. I finally get to the health stop or health something, the whole time I thought he was saying HELL stop, which everyone got a big laugh out of. We didn't wait long and the muni shuttle came, and then the fun began. 40 minutes, I'm not kidding, 40 minutes to take a 20 minute ride. The traffic was incredible. I'm laughing now because I'm so sleepy, my eyes are burning, my nose is running and we finally get there and I have to clean off my car. LOL. my gas tank is on EEEEE, I know this because the light came on, because when my husband fixed my alternator something happened and the pointer for the gas tank is on the wrong side of the button thing. Anyway, Its now 6:00 and I thought I would have to drive in rush hour but thank goodness I cruised right home.
then bought gas at Giant Eagle with my discount. Its 7:30 and I'm going to eat and go to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow. LOL
Oh, so far the job seems pretty easy. Everyone seems really nice. I'll keep you posted.

note to self: do not drink that much coffee in the morning if its going to tak an hour and 1/2 to get to a bathroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the shuttle. I hated riding that stupid thing! But now I pay $55 a month to park in a garage, so I guess it's a trade-off. I'm glad you like your job so far!! email me (your name didn't come up on the intranet yet) and let me know what building you're in. We can meet for lunch sometime!

Rockstar Mom said...

We have a similar problem with the Mexican people here. We can't understand them. Anything with a V is pronounced as a B and anything with an S is pronounced like Ch.

So basicly they say "I bant bery badly to go chopping for pork chops."